Why is it so hard to be "just friends" with the opposite sex?
Honestly, I would love to know. I still stand by my theory, that men and women cannot ever be truly platonic friends. Even if you think you are, on a long enough timeline something will happen--be it thought or action--that will make you, even if momentarily, think of your opposite sex friend in a romantic way.
I thought high school romances were complicated, but college is so much worse. I'm currently involved in a love hexagon, which is every bit as fun as it sounds, and required a diagram to be explained.
And I'll stand by this too: girls are CRAZY. We're bitchy and caddy and needy. We turn nothing into something and fixate on it. This is why I hang around with mostly guys, which works out pretty well except for, oh wait, they have a Y chromosome. They may be like my brothers, but I'll be damned if I can keep from incestuous thoughts sometimes.
Throughout high school, I thought it was possible to stay just friends with guys. Senior year in the midst of all the Paul drama, I had one of my two other best guy friends tell me we should get married, and hooked up with the other. Then there's the wonderful awkwardness of dealing with looking at said friend, trying to act normal, and being unable to think of anything except how they kiss, but being forced to be "just friends."
Truly platonic male/female relationships do not exist, I know this much is true.

1 comments:
I think this changes a bit the older you get. I don't totally disagree BUT I think the management of "romantic" feelings is learned through experience and thus gets easier to deal with.
Post a Comment