This is the weekend's box office chart:
1. Paul Blart: Mall Cop $33.8 mil
2. Gran Torino $22.2 mil
3. My Bloody Valentine in 3-D $21.9 mil
4. Notorious $21.5 mil
5. Hotel for Dogs $17.7 mil
America, you upset me. These, with the exception of Gran Torino, are totally abysmal choices. WHY would you pay $10 to see any of the rest of these films, especially when money is becoming more hard won. I don't know about you, but nothing about this screams quality, hilarity, or originality:
As much of a film snob as I fear I am turning into, staying away from this shit is not being elitist, it's being sane.

3 comments:
There are times when I will go see anything at the multiplex at all.
Apparently this was a rough week for people, and they needed utterly, totally mindless escapism.
The reviews of MallCop were horrible, however.
WV: undries - wouldn't it be simpler to just say "wets"?
i think "going to the movies" is like eating fast food...has little to do with nourishment and a lot to do with "going to do something"
Katydid...there are NO movies out there that I want to see. There's not even anything out there that I'd tolerate just to take the kids to a movie.
And, let's keep in mind that the following movies were seen on the big screen for the sake of the kiddies: Princess Diaries 2, YuGiOH! The Movie, Arthur and the Invisibles, Nanny McPhee, and Hoodwinked.
I think we're dealing with the results of the writer's strike and Mall Cop is sadly the best of the crap that's out there.
In the words of the oldest as we watched an ad for Mall Cop a couple of days ago - "What has to happen to you to do a movie that stupid?"
sadly, I had no answer for him.
wv: retra - New millenium superhero whose wardrobe is still from the 1970's.
Post a Comment