Bits of my life, starting to form a whole:
-Staff retreat for work today. Professional development, workshopping, etc. My first group was with the two big bosses of the company (eek!) but I think they liked me. I'm really glad to have a job right now when others are having a hard time.
-AWESOME lecture on Buddhism at the retreat. Talked about things like karma, the lack of an afterlife and living for the day, acceptance of life as it is as a means of enlightenment, the lack of permanence, and how true Buddhist do not believe there is a soul, simply matter. Wait...could it be a set of religious beliefs I can somewhat buy? Whoa.
-Current crush sat in front of me for said lecture. Concentration was difficult in spite of his fantastic beard. Same problem when we ended up in the same small group. I'm terrible.
-Tomato, mozzarella, arugula, red pepper, and balsamic sandwich on fresh Italian. YES.
-Watching Nip/Tuck presently. Kimber and Christian are back together. I am not surprised.
-Classes start Monday and I've just come to realize how busy I'll be with a full school schedule and 20 hours of work. It'll be good for me.
-Goal for the semester: keep working on myself and putting good karma out into the world. Making myself better so I can finally deserve someone better.
-Found a new favorite wine: Gewurztraminer. German white, sweeter than Riesling. Drank a bottle last weekend. This was a poor choice.
-Starting to talk apartment stuff for next year. We have 2 couches available to us, a good problem to have.
-Still need to see Crazy Heart and A Single Man. SAG awards tomorrow, I'll geek out.
-Seems my girl caused quite a bit of trouble with her dress the other night. The New York Times said "you don't put a big girl in a big dress," with an accompanying, stretched out photo to make her look larger than she is. What, a "big girl" can be sexy? NO WAY! And besides, Hendricks' is no way the average US women's dress size - a 16. I don't know any man (or woman for that matter) that would kick Christina Hendricks out of bed. I'm so over the size wars.
-Heidi showed me that Suicide Girls features several models who are "big girls." Makes me love them and their tats that much more.
-Why does Phish Food have to be so delicious...unlike the band.
-I hope Conan ends his show tonight with something horrifically offensive to to NBC.
-I need better work clothes. Black t-shirts and cardigans are not gonna cut it. At least I can wear jeans everyday. I did buy a cute dress this week.
-A cache of My Morning Jacket covers. I most recommend "Islands in the Stream," "The Man in Me," "Tyrone," and "Rocket Man."
-I do not understand the Japanese, but I do understand sleepy anteaters! Boris does love his Valium...
How To Watch Toy Story 5 At Home
4 hours ago
1 comments:
New rule: If you've never seen Phish live you can't hate.
It's bad karma.
;-)
Post a Comment