BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 17, 2008

...In which our heroine wets her fangirl pants.


There's this movie coming out tonight at midnight. Something with a dude in a suit and some crap blowing up--I don't really know but the trailer looks freakin' sweet when they show that truck flip over. I like when crap blows up.


I kid, I kid. I've been excited for The Dark Knight ever since the Bat Man flipped over the Joker's calling card at the end of Batman Begins. I LOVE the direction Christopher Nolan has taken the whole Batman story in and cannot wait for what's in store this evening. Cassie and I will be at Rave with all the other geeks, salivating for 12:00:01. The reviews have been great, although I've acted totally out character and read none of them, nor have I watched any clips (besides trailers I've been subjected to) because we all know how pissed Katydid gets when she gets her fangirl joy spoiled (see Serenity, Dexter Season 2)


It will be weird watching Heath Ledger literally get the last laugh on his audience and I don't know how I'm going to react to seeing his performance. I'm sure the fanboys will hail it as the second coming but I also think it'll draw audiences who wouldn't normally go see the film in, a morbid fascination.


Oh, and there's also a trailer for Zack Snyder's Watchmen, which I might just be as excited about.


Gah, I'm such a geek.

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

Have a blast tonight. I'm up sometime tomorrow afternoon, so don't spill the beans at 3 in the morning for me...

please

Lee said...

I can sum it all up in as little as three words, "Let's go again!!!!!!"

PHSChemGuy said...

Straight to Katydid...and unrelated to any post...

You know the black dorm-sized fridge that I had in the storage room behind my classroom? PCSD made us (thanks to Jarod's Law) take all those kinds of things home, and it's sitting in my garage without a future home.

Do you know of any college-bound folks who might want a dorm fridge that's on the large size of dorm fridges but still small enough to get up into a thrid-floord Chicago kinda college room?