BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

...In which our heroine ponders the nature of summer.


Summer is in full swing and it is just as odd as I thought it would be. On Friday I had a conversation with my two best friends until 4:30 AM about the past six months and the like. One of the friends admitted a lot of things to me that I needed, no, deserved to hear. It was one of those talks that teen movies like to dramatize and glorfiy, but nonetheless a talk I was quite glad to have. And one that let me finally breath a sigh of relief about the next year.


Oh and the trials of teenage love in the summer. To date, five couples have broken up and there have been more than a few scandalous flings. (Our heroine wishes to leave no comment on her involvement in such romantic entanglements at this point but updates will be included as necessary.) Sunshine, freedom, and hormones. It's a joy to be in the frenzy. Although I would love to say we are par-taying it up this summer, most of us work too much to have the epically superbad summer we would like. I'm still having a blast though. I love going to bed at 2 every night.


Funny how I am reading a book that applies so perfectly-- I Love You, Beth Cooper is by Larry Doyle and is about a geeky debater named Denis who decides to declare his love for head cheerleader Beth Cooper in his valedictory speech and the night following said speech. The book is really really funny and many things (the IB kids who go wild senior year, descriptions of high school parties, the general awkwardness of male/female relations) are wonderfully written. It doesn't hurt that each chapter starts with a quote from the likes of Claire Standish or Jeff Spicoli. All you need to do to tug at Katydid's heartstrings is drop a John Hughes reference and it is LOVE.


That's been summer so far: romantic upheavals, work, moderate antics, and lots of fun.

2 comments:

calencoriel said...

This post makes me so unbelievably sad that you won't be at the IB Biology party I might have to change the date...

PHSChemGuy said...

When's the party, chickas?