I get along with everyone at work. I really do, I'm not just saying that. There's one other server that I don't like because she is lazy and the hispanic dishwashers kind of freak me out because they speak to me in spanish, of which I can only make out "bonita" and "cerveza." But everyone else likes me and I like everyone else.
With that being said, this morning was the worst shift of my life. Our store manager is on vacation so our regional manager was working this morning. His name is Bob. Bob is a prick, there's no nicer way to describe him. I tend to be more lenient then other employees when dealing with him because I know he has a severly autistic son, but not after today.
He managed to insult every employee. He made Rachel cry, who was sick. He made Danielle cry, whose freaking grandmother died this morning. He almost made the day shift manager Lita cry. The customers at the counter were complaining. One called him an asshole to his face. He stole servers tables and yelled at everyone over minute details. He told the hostess she was terrible and caused so much general confusion that our customers could tell and were not happy.
Bob is a regional manager. He is supposed to make the ship run smoothly, but all he ever does is muddle everything up without ever fixing anything. He dictates to others because he cannot actually do any one job (serve, host, cook.) Bob made a list of everything that was wrong and yelled at Lita about it for 20 minutes.
And this helped the already hellish Sunday morning in that...oh wait, it didn't. It made things much, much worse and seriously offended employees. This calls for a resounding "I LOVE MY JOB." And I get to go back tomorrow!
In much better news, I found out my roomates for next year. Besides Krieger there is Kathleen and Julia, from Michigan and Illinois. Kathleen and I have been talking and she is also a cinematography major, likes the Chucks (Klosterman and Palahniuk), and is a liberal atheist. Sounds like a winner to me. I can't wait for Orientation in 2 weeks and to visit the city.
Reviews of Casablanca, Wanted, and Wall-E coming, but not today.

1 comments:
As much as it probably doesn't need to be said, the cream doesn't always rise to the top of the business world.
Often the Peter Principle takes hold.
Post a Comment