BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 15, 2010

...In which our heroine is back from the dead: Return of the Living Heroine Part 3

It's been a while. A long enough while that I'm typing this is my new living room, in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood, where I'm technically neighbors with Jeff Tweedy and Roger Ebert. Things are in general chaos, but I have a bed, and food in the fridge, and books on the shelf.

I feel like doing a paint by numbers of the past month or so since I've been away is a little ridiculous because so much has happened. But here are the CliffNotes:

-The semester is finished. Got righteously trashed yesterday starting at 2PM with my 30 year old co-workers, and continued the party well into the evening. I hate to play that card, but I needed it.
-109 page screenplay is complete, for the moment. Won a pitch contest in Screenwriting II. Got a 98 on my script analysis final and he liked the paper so much he asked for it as an example. A on Biology final...it was a busy, but great semester.
-Lots of great film stuff I didn't get to mention! Eraserhead, Gas Food Lodging, Kick-Ass, The Return of the Secaucus Seven, Pink Flamingos, and The Doom Generation are all wonderfully weird and fantastic.
-My Morning Jacket did not disappoint. "Dondante" was the single best song I've ever seen live. The collaborating with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band was fantastic. And Mr. Jim James was even more beautiful in person. Also had a great time eating great food over great conversation with Emily, Nate, and David.

There's so much more to talk about, but those are the major things. Goals for the summer include: tackling Stephen King's The Dark Tower, catching up with Dexter, going to Pitchfork, making friends with the cute boys across the hall, improving my foodie skills, and working my way through the Netflix list.

As always, I continue to update Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon. It's blogging on an ADD scale.

I'm really happy right now. I feel like this is going to be a great summer. How are you, friends?

0 comments: