It's Monday, 9AM, and I am awake. This is probably the first time this has happened all semester and that can only mean one thing: FINALS. I dropped my film off in the cage for better or worse, and have a full day of homework, grocery shopping, and laundry ahead of me. Is it Christmas yet?
I spent nine hours in a van yesterday on the second worst trip back to Chicago I've ever had. Emily's friend, Cameron, was nice enough to drive the two of us and three others back in her van, but I'm surprised I survived. Motion sickness for nine hours because she didn't know how to brake, turn, or take bumps, the longest McDonald's wait ever, and an unsafe driving ticket later, we somehow made it back in one piece. I was thankful for the ride, but oh my dear lord...
First bad things, now good things. I can say honestly that this was the most enjoyable trip home I've had. Thanksgiving with the family was lovely, but seeing as I hadn't seen most of my friends since August, it was great to see them. Last Thanksgiving I felt distinctly blah about high school folks (save a few) but I embraced the spirit of the holiday and learned to be thankful for everyone, crazy as they may have been.
Friday night was spent at Matt's house and I got to see everyone in one big swoop. We didn't get there until ten, and things were in full effect. It's all Lee's fault that I drank a bottle of white wine, which pairs oh so nicely with smothered/covered hash browns from Waffle House. It really brings out the aromatics in the wine, that American cheese. That poor waitress...she deserved the 50% tip I gave her. The atmosphere was great because everyone was just so glad to see some familiar yet now distant faces. Saturday was much more subdued, just a couple friends at my house, enjoying my mom's baked goods and watching the cinematic masterpiece Ice Spiders, a SciFi channel original. (Yes I know it's "SyFy" now but I refuse.)
Expect infrequent posting the next few weeks as I try to survive finals. But hey, after that, I'll officially be a junior and get to be home for a few weeks.
I'm stuck on this song right now. It's just so sweet, despite the funky tone of the rest of Evil Urges. Jim James, if you need a Penny Lane in your life, I'd be willing to take up the reins. Just don't sell me to Humble Pie for a case of Heineken and then spend the night with Bob Dylan when I overdose on Qualuudes.
How To Watch Toy Story 5 At Home
4 hours ago
2 comments:
See, white wine goes better if the hashbrowns are smothered/covered/and diced.
That's where you went wrong...
WV: Undent - You put your right paragraph in, you put your right paragraph out, you put your right paragraph in, and then you take it back out to undent it
YESSSSUH!
Oh, I'm *so* sorry I got you excellently drunk!
I'm thankful that you drank a good amount of my wine and prevented me from drinking two whole bottles by myself. =)
Good luck on finals!!!! I'm about to get massacred by mine.
Post a Comment