My mom started making this recipe last summer when she was on her losing weight kick. It's Weight Watchers summer corn chowder and it's really delicious, so I thought I'd pass it along.
Katydid's Summer Corn Chowder:
2 Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 cup green onion
1/2 cup of onion
4 cups frozen corn, or 4 ears fresh
1 cup of red pepper
8 ounces Canadian bacon
4 cups milk - whatever kind you like
Spices to taste - I use salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder
Saute the corn, onion, and red pepper and spices in olive oil, butter, cooking spray- whatever floats your boat (I use olive oil), until veggies are tender. Add Canadian bacon, milk, and potato. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
I modify the recipe from its original form, and you can add pretty much whatever veggies you want - it's difficult to mess this one up. Enjoy!

1 comments:
If it has the Mrs. Hagen kiss of approval, I'm jacking this recipe. Love that woman.
I've been cooking a lot for myself this summer. Getting a feel for it. I just made a tomato torte with my mom for dinner--it's baller. And for lunch, I just mixed some brown rice, black beans, spinach and pico de gallo.
Better than my usual bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats, that's for sure.
Thanks for sharing, boo! Also, does your mom happen to have that recipe for that salsa she made last summer? It had the corn in it...it was super good. Let me know if you know what the hell I'm talking about!
Post a Comment