The lack of posts has been the fault of the fact that I've been moving - just a floor up and five rooms over, but moving nonetheless. I love the new apartment and since it's just Kristen and I, things are much cuter and much cozier. Too bad she's only my summer roommate and will be an RA come fall. Pictures to come of the new digs. The air conditioning is out, which has been really fantastic on the 27th floor. It's not like heat rises or anything.
Mommy is also here, and she brought all my books, which are a comfort to simply have around. I did shudder when she said she forgot my "cartoons" at home - meaning all my issues of The Sandman. One of my projects this week is getting a library card because I have been a major slacker. The summer list is something like this currently: On the Road, Downtown Owl, The Graveyard Book, Pygmy, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, The Doors of Perception, Tropic of Cancer, The Sound and the Fury, Freakonomics, 1984, Lolita, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
I am still, alas, jobless. I had two interviews this week with Bubba Gump Shrimp Company for a host job and they have yet to let me know if I got it. It's just really frustrating to have three years of experience in a field where I can't get a job since I'm not 21. So that's another project for the week. I may just have to go beg at the office of student employment. I think I'm at roughly 15 places with three responses. Awesome.
It still doesn't feel like summer. The weather has been lovely, but I keep waiting for the summer euphoria to hit me. Maybe it will this week, since I'll be all settled in the new place. Oh, and silly WOXY has moved the Modern Rock 500 to this week, Tuesday through Friday. Please do give a listen - if nothing else, those 500 songs mean some kind of summer to me.
2 comments:
To the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky...i....i...i...
bahahaha. i can't believe she called them "cartoons"...
Oh, Tina.
Post a Comment